Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 12, 2012 at 6:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 06:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 447.31 meters/second, 1610.3 kilometres/hour, 1000.6 miles/hour or 869.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.68 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||South||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 27.1"||1000.47 mi||West||0° 11' 58.9"||13.72 mi||South||1000.70 mi|
|24 hours||11° 58' 13.6"||825.51 mi||East||4° 56' 05.4"||339.07 mi||South||894.05 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arba Minch||Fri 9:28 AM||178 km||111 miles||96 nm||NNW|
|Awasa||Fri 9:28 AM||295 km||183 miles||159 nm||NNE|
|Jimma||Fri 9:28 AM||374 km||233 miles||202 nm||NNW|
|Adama||Fri 9:28 AM||477 km||296 miles||257 nm||NNE|
|Addis Ababa||Fri 9:28 AM||513 km||319 miles||277 nm||N|
|Nekemte||Fri 9:28 AM||534 km||332 miles||288 nm||NNW|
|Bardera||Fri 9:28 AM||541 km||336 miles||292 nm||ESE|
|Mbale||Fri 9:28 AM||557 km||346 miles||301 nm||SW|
|Nakuru||Fri 9:28 AM||564 km||350 miles||305 nm||SSW|
|Garissa||Fri 9:28 AM||576 km||358 miles||311 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.