Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 12, 2012 at 7:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 07:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 447.38 meters/second, 1610.6 kilometres/hour, 1000.8 miles/hour or 869.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.68 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||South||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 25.9"||1000.63 mi||West||0° 12' 00.3"||13.75 mi||South||1000.85 mi|
|24 hours||11° 58' 48.0"||826.32 mi||East||4° 56' 30.8"||339.55 mi||South||894.90 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yambio||Fri 10:08 AM||34 km||21 miles||18 nm||NE|
|Obo||Fri 8:08 AM||226 km||140 miles||122 nm||WNW|
|Wau||Fri 10:08 AM||374 km||232 miles||202 nm||N|
|Juba||Fri 10:08 AM||379 km||235 miles||204 nm||E|
|Gulu||Fri 10:08 AM||484 km||301 miles||261 nm||ESE|
|Kisangani||Fri 9:08 AM||539 km||335 miles||291 nm||SW|
|Lira||Fri 10:08 AM||568 km||353 miles||307 nm||ESE|
|Mbarara||Fri 10:08 AM||609 km||378 miles||329 nm||SSE|
|Kampala||Fri 10:08 AM||656 km||408 miles||354 nm||SE|
|Ruhengeri||Fri 9:08 AM||663 km||412 miles||358 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.