Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, October 12, 2012 at 07:18:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 13%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 07:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.39 meters/second, 1610.6 km/hour, 1000.8 miles/hour or 869.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.68 mi||west||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||south||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 25.7"||1000.74 mi||west||0° 12' 00.9"||13.76 mi||south||1000.96 mi|
|24 hours||11° 58' 57.5"||826.60 mi||east||4° 56' 37.7"||339.71 mi||south||895.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yambio||Fri 10:18 AM||319 km||198 miles||172 nm||E|
|Kisangani||Fri 9:18 AM||418 km||260 miles||226 nm||S|
|Wau||Fri 10:18 AM||465 km||289 miles||251 nm||NE|
|Bambari||Fri 8:18 AM||563 km||350 miles||304 nm||WNW|
|Juba||Fri 10:18 AM||675 km||420 miles||365 nm||E|
|Gulu||Fri 10:18 AM||769 km||478 miles||415 nm||ESE|
|Bangui||Fri 8:18 AM||775 km||481 miles||418 nm||W|
|Mbarara||Fri 10:18 AM||786 km||488 miles||424 nm||SE|
|Ruhengeri||Fri 9:18 AM||786 km||488 miles||424 nm||SE|
|Bimbo||Fri 8:18 AM||792 km||492 miles||428 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.