Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, October 12, 2012 at 08:08:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 13%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 08:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.48 meters/second, 1610.9 km/hour, 1001.0 miles/hour or 869.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.68 mi||west||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||south||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 24.3"||1000.92 mi||west||0° 12' 02.7"||13.80 mi||south||1001.14 mi|
|24 hours||11° 59' 41.0"||827.61 mi||east||4° 57' 08.4"||340.29 mi||south||896.26 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yaoundé||Fri 9:08 AM||216 km||134 miles||117 nm||W|
|Berbérati||Fri 9:08 AM||261 km||162 miles||141 nm||E|
|Ebebiyín||Fri 9:08 AM||320 km||199 miles||173 nm||SW|
|Douala||Fri 9:08 AM||416 km||258 miles||224 nm||W|
|Bamenda||Fri 9:08 AM||418 km||260 miles||226 nm||WNW|
|Bata||Fri 9:08 AM||479 km||298 miles||259 nm||WSW|
|Malabo||Fri 9:08 AM||518 km||322 miles||279 nm||W|
|Bimbo||Fri 9:08 AM||550 km||342 miles||297 nm||E|
|Bangui||Fri 9:08 AM||568 km||353 miles||307 nm||E|
|Moundou||Fri 9:08 AM||571 km||355 miles||309 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.