Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, October 12, 2012 at 08:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 13%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 08:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.54 meters/second, 1611.2 km/hour, 1001.1 miles/hour or 870.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.68 mi||west||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||south||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 23.0"||1001.00 mi||west||0° 12' 04.1"||13.82 mi||south||1001.21 mi|
|24 hours||12° 00' 16.4"||828.36 mi||east||4° 57' 31.9"||340.72 mi||south||897.05 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lagos||Fri 9:48 AM||278 km||172 miles||150 nm||N|
|Cotonou||Fri 9:48 AM||303 km||188 miles||164 nm||NNW|
|Porto Novo||Fri 9:48 AM||305 km||190 miles||165 nm||NNW|
|Benin City||Fri 9:48 AM||332 km||206 miles||179 nm||NE|
|Abeokuta||Fri 9:48 AM||354 km||220 miles||191 nm||N|
|Lome||Fri 8:48 AM||370 km||230 miles||200 nm||NW|
|Port Harcourt||Fri 9:48 AM||370 km||230 miles||200 nm||ENE|
|Ibadan||Fri 9:48 AM||375 km||233 miles||203 nm||N|
|Owerri||Fri 9:48 AM||398 km||247 miles||215 nm||ENE|
|Bohicon||Fri 9:48 AM||401 km||249 miles||216 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.