Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 12, 2012 at 8:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 13%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 08:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.54 meters/second, 1611.1 km/hour, 1001.1 miles/hour or 869.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.68 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||South||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 23.0"||1000.99 mi||West||0° 12' 04.1"||13.82 mi||South||1001.21 mi|
|24 hours||12° 00' 15.5"||828.34 mi||East||4° 57' 31.3"||340.71 mi||South||897.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lagos||Fri 9:48 AM||284 km||176 miles||153 nm||NNW|
|Benin City||Fri 9:48 AM||314 km||195 miles||169 nm||NE|
|Cotonou||Fri 9:48 AM||318 km||198 miles||172 nm||NW|
|Porto Novo||Fri 9:48 AM||319 km||198 miles||172 nm||NNW|
|Port Harcourt||Fri 9:48 AM||341 km||212 miles||184 nm||ENE|
|Abeokuta||Fri 9:48 AM||359 km||223 miles||194 nm||NNW|
|Owerri||Fri 9:48 AM||371 km||230 miles||200 nm||ENE|
|Ibadan||Fri 9:48 AM||375 km||233 miles||202 nm||N|
|Lomé||Fri 8:48 AM||393 km||244 miles||212 nm||NW|
|Bohicon||Fri 9:48 AM||415 km||258 miles||224 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.