Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 12, 2012 at 9:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 13%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 09:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 447.59 meters/second, 1611.3 kilometres/hour, 1001.2 miles/hour or 870.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||South||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 22.3"||1001.10 mi||West||0° 12' 05.2"||13.84 mi||South||1001.31 mi|
|24 hours||12° 00' 42.2"||828.96 mi||East||4° 57' 48.7"||341.04 mi||South||897.66 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Abidjan||Fri 9:18 AM||182 km||113 miles||98 nm||NNW|
|Divo||Fri 9:18 AM||321 km||200 miles||174 nm||NW|
|Kumasi||Fri 9:18 AM||357 km||222 miles||193 nm||NNE|
|Accra||Fri 9:18 AM||380 km||236 miles||205 nm||ENE|
|San Pédro||Fri 9:18 AM||393 km||244 miles||212 nm||WNW|
|Yamoussoukro||Fri 9:18 AM||397 km||247 miles||214 nm||NW|
|Bouaké||Fri 9:18 AM||467 km||290 miles||252 nm||NNW|
|Daloa||Fri 9:18 AM||488 km||303 miles||264 nm||NW|
|Harper||Fri 9:18 AM||504 km||313 miles||272 nm||W|
|Dabakala||Fri 9:18 AM||513 km||319 miles||277 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.