Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 12, 2012 at 9:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 13%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 09:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 447.60 meters/second, 1611.4 kilometres/hour, 1001.3 miles/hour or 870.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||South||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 21.9"||1001.13 mi||West||0° 12' 05.5"||13.85 mi||South||1001.34 mi|
|24 hours||12° 00' 51.3"||829.16 mi||East||4° 57' 54.3"||341.14 mi||South||897.87 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|San Pédro||Fri 9:28 AM||150 km||93 miles||81 nm||NW|
|Divo||Fri 9:28 AM||221 km||137 miles||119 nm||N|
|Harper||Fri 9:28 AM||239 km||149 miles||129 nm||WNW|
|Abidjan||Fri 9:28 AM||241 km||150 miles||130 nm||NE|
|Yamoussoukro||Fri 9:28 AM||330 km||205 miles||178 nm||N|
|Daloa||Fri 9:28 AM||346 km||215 miles||187 nm||NNW|
|Bouaké||Fri 9:28 AM||430 km||267 miles||232 nm||N|
|Man||Fri 9:28 AM||448 km||278 miles||242 nm||NNW|
|Dabakala||Fri 9:28 AM||516 km||321 miles||279 nm||NNE|
|Kumasi||Fri 9:28 AM||544 km||338 miles||294 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.