Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 12, 2012 at 9:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 13%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 09:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.62 meters/second, 1611.4 km/hour, 1001.3 miles/hour or 870.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||South||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 21.6"||1001.17 mi||West||0° 12' 05.9"||13.86 mi||South||1001.38 mi|
|24 hours||12° 01' 00.3"||829.37 mi||East||4° 58' 00.0"||341.25 mi||South||898.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Harper||Fri 9:38 AM||71 km||44 miles||38 nm||NNE|
|San Pédro||Fri 9:38 AM||186 km||116 miles||101 nm||ENE|
|Divo||Fri 9:38 AM||372 km||231 miles||201 nm||NE|
|Daloa||Fri 9:38 AM||381 km||237 miles||206 nm||NNE|
|Gbarnga||Fri 9:38 AM||385 km||239 miles||208 nm||NNW|
|Kakata||Fri 9:38 AM||394 km||245 miles||213 nm||NW|
|Man||Fri 9:38 AM||401 km||249 miles||217 nm||N|
|Monrovia||Fri 9:38 AM||412 km||256 miles||223 nm||NW|
|Nzérékoré||Fri 9:38 AM||443 km||275 miles||239 nm||N|
|Yamoussoukro||Fri 9:38 AM||452 km||281 miles||244 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.