Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 12, 2012 at 9:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 13%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 09:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.63 meters/second, 1611.5 km/hour, 1001.3 miles/hour or 870.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||South||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 21.4"||1001.20 mi||West||0° 12' 06.3"||13.86 mi||South||1001.41 mi|
|24 hours||12° 01' 09.2"||829.57 mi||East||4° 58' 05.4"||341.36 mi||South||898.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Monrovia||Fri 9:48 AM||282 km||176 miles||153 nm||N|
|Kakata||Fri 9:48 AM||304 km||189 miles||164 nm||N|
|Harper||Fri 9:48 AM||311 km||193 miles||168 nm||ENE|
|Gbarnga||Fri 9:48 AM||371 km||231 miles||201 nm||NNE|
|San Pédro||Fri 9:48 AM||437 km||272 miles||236 nm||ENE|
|Kenema||Fri 9:48 AM||459 km||285 miles||248 nm||N|
|Nzérékoré||Fri 9:48 AM||475 km||295 miles||256 nm||NNE|
|Bo||Fri 9:48 AM||482 km||300 miles||260 nm||NNW|
|Man||Fri 9:48 AM||514 km||320 miles||278 nm||NE|
|Koidu||Fri 9:48 AM||540 km||336 miles||292 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.