Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 12, 2012 at 1:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 13:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.92 meters/second, 1612.5 km/hour, 1002.0 miles/hour or 870.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 12.1"||0.23 mi||South||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 14.6"||1001.84 mi||West||0° 12' 13.7"||14.01 mi||South||1002.03 mi|
|24 hours||12° 04' 35.3"||834.17 mi||East||4° 59' 56.6"||343.48 mi||South||902.92 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Boa Vista||Fri 9:28 AM||332 km||206 miles||179 nm||E|
|Puerto Ayacucho||Fri 8:58 AM||528 km||328 miles||285 nm||WNW|
|Ciudad Bolívar||Fri 8:58 AM||563 km||350 miles||304 nm||N|
|Linden||Fri 9:28 AM||682 km||423 miles||368 nm||ENE|
|San Fernando de Apure||Fri 8:58 AM||683 km||424 miles||369 nm||NW|
|Georgetown (Guyana)||Fri 9:28 AM||737 km||458 miles||398 nm||NE|
|Mitú||Fri 8:28 AM||759 km||472 miles||410 nm||WSW|
|New Amsterdam||Fri 9:28 AM||767 km||476 miles||414 nm||ENE|
|Manaus||Fri 9:28 AM||792 km||492 miles||427 nm||SSE|
|Nieuw Nickerie||Fri 10:28 AM||805 km||500 miles||435 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.