Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 12, 2012 at 2:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 14:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 447.96 meters/second, 1612.7 kilometres/hour, 1002.1 miles/hour or 870.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 12.1"||0.23 mi||South||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 13.3"||1001.94 mi||West||0° 12' 15.1"||14.03 mi||South||1002.13 mi|
|24 hours||12° 05' 14.4"||835.02 mi||East||5° 00' 14.5"||343.82 mi||South||903.76 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|San José del Guaviare||Fri 9:08 AM||84 km||52 miles||45 nm||ESE|
|Villavicencio||Fri 9:08 AM||142 km||88 miles||77 nm||NNW|
|Bogota||Fri 9:08 AM||205 km||127 miles||111 nm||NNW|
|Garagoa||Fri 9:08 AM||240 km||149 miles||130 nm||N|
|Florencia||Fri 9:08 AM||292 km||181 miles||158 nm||WSW|
|Pereira||Fri 9:08 AM||338 km||210 miles||182 nm||NW|
|Manizales||Fri 9:08 AM||340 km||211 miles||184 nm||NW|
|Cali||Fri 9:08 AM||360 km||223 miles||194 nm||W|
|Mitú||Fri 9:08 AM||388 km||241 miles||210 nm||ESE|
|Medellin||Fri 9:08 AM||446 km||277 miles||241 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.