Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 12, 2012 at 2:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 14:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 447.97 meters/second, 1612.7 kilometres/hour, 1002.1 miles/hour or 870.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 12.1"||0.23 mi||South||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 12.8"||1001.96 mi||West||0° 12' 15.3"||14.04 mi||South||1002.15 mi|
|24 hours||12° 05' 24.1"||835.23 mi||East||5° 00' 18.7"||343.90 mi||South||903.97 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cali||Fri 9:18 AM||106 km||66 miles||57 nm||NW|
|Florencia||Fri 9:18 AM||140 km||87 miles||75 nm||S|
|Ibagué||Fri 9:18 AM||182 km||113 miles||98 nm||NNE|
|Buenaventura||Fri 9:18 AM||186 km||116 miles||101 nm||NW|
|Pereira||Fri 9:18 AM||215 km||133 miles||116 nm||N|
|Manizales||Fri 9:18 AM||244 km||151 miles||132 nm||N|
|Bogota||Fri 9:18 AM||265 km||165 miles||143 nm||NE|
|Villavicencio||Fri 9:18 AM||272 km||169 miles||147 nm||ENE|
|Medellin||Fri 9:18 AM||373 km||232 miles||201 nm||N|
|Ibarra||Fri 9:18 AM||385 km||239 miles||208 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.