Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 12, 2012 at 2:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 14:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.98 meters/second, 1612.7 km/hour, 1002.1 miles/hour or 870.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 12.1"||0.23 mi||South||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 12.6"||1001.99 mi||West||0° 12' 15.6"||14.04 mi||South||1002.17 mi|
|24 hours||12° 05' 34.0"||835.44 mi||East||5° 00' 23.0"||343.98 mi||South||904.18 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Buenaventura||Fri 9:28 AM||167 km||104 miles||90 nm||NE|
|Cali||Fri 9:28 AM||194 km||120 miles||105 nm||ENE|
|San Juan de Pasto||Fri 9:28 AM||204 km||127 miles||110 nm||SSE|
|Esmeraldas||Fri 9:28 AM||266 km||165 miles||144 nm||SW|
|Florencia||Fri 9:28 AM||314 km||195 miles||169 nm||ESE|
|Quito||Fri 9:28 AM||341 km||212 miles||184 nm||S|
|Pereira||Fri 9:28 AM||350 km||217 miles||189 nm||NE|
|Santo Domingo (Ecuador)||Fri 9:28 AM||361 km||224 miles||195 nm||SSW|
|Manizales||Fri 9:28 AM||384 km||238 miles||207 nm||NE|
|Ambato||Fri 9:28 AM||456 km||283 miles||246 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.