Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 12, 2012 at 2:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 14:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.00 meters/second, 1612.8 km/hour, 1002.2 miles/hour or 870.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 12.2"||0.23 mi||South||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 12.0"||1002.03 mi||West||0° 12' 16.2"||14.05 mi||South||1002.22 mi|
|24 hours||12° 05' 53.7"||835.87 mi||East||5° 00' 31.5"||344.14 mi||South||904.59 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Esmeraldas||Fri 9:48 AM||421 km||262 miles||227 nm||ESE|
|Portoviejo||Fri 9:48 AM||508 km||316 miles||274 nm||SSE|
|Santo Domingo (Ecuador)||Fri 9:48 AM||540 km||336 miles||292 nm||SE|
|Quito||Fri 9:48 AM||600 km||373 miles||324 nm||SE|
|David||Fri 9:48 AM||629 km||391 miles||339 nm||N|
|Santiago de Veraguas||Fri 9:48 AM||629 km||391 miles||340 nm||NNE|
|Guayaquil||Fri 9:48 AM||650 km||404 miles||351 nm||SSE|
|Ambato||Fri 9:48 AM||659 km||409 miles||356 nm||SE|
|Cali||Fri 9:48 AM||724 km||450 miles||391 nm||E|
|Panama||Fri 9:48 AM||788 km||489 miles||425 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.