Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 12, 2012 at 3:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 15:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.05 meters/second, 1613.0 km/hour, 1002.3 miles/hour or 870.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 12.2"||0.23 mi||South||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 10.2"||1002.14 mi||West||0° 12' 17.8"||14.08 mi||South||1002.32 mi|
|24 hours||12° 06' 43.6"||836.94 mi||East||5° 00' 51.8"||344.53 mi||South||905.63 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 9:38 AM||722 km||448 miles||390 nm||ESE|
|San Salvador||Fri 9:38 AM||1387 km||862 miles||749 nm||NNE|
|Santa Ana||Fri 9:38 AM||1398 km||869 miles||755 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Fri 9:38 AM||1419 km||882 miles||766 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Fri 9:38 AM||1435 km||892 miles||775 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Fri 9:38 AM||1461 km||908 miles||789 nm||NE|
|Tegucigalpa||Fri 9:38 AM||1538 km||955 miles||830 nm||NNE|
|Acapulco *||Fri 10:38 AM||1662 km||1033 miles||898 nm||NNW|
|Belmopan||Fri 9:38 AM||1761 km||1094 miles||951 nm||NNE|
|Guayaquil||Fri 10:38 AM||1771 km||1100 miles||956 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.