Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 12, 2012 at 7:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 19:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.22 meters/second, 1613.6 km/hour, 1002.6 miles/hour or 871.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.0"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 12.3"||0.24 mi||South||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 02.1"||1002.52 mi||West||0° 12' 24.1"||14.20 mi||South||1002.67 mi|
|24 hours||12° 10' 41.8"||841.96 mi||East||5° 02' 09.1"||346.01 mi||South||910.37 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sat 9:28 AM||742 km||461 miles||401 nm||W|
|Papeete||Fri 9:28 AM||2143 km||1332 miles||1157 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Fri 9:28 AM||2294 km||1425 miles||1239 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 8:28 AM||2595 km||1612 miles||1401 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 9:28 AM||2736 km||1700 miles||1477 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Fri 7:28 AM||2879 km||1789 miles||1554 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 9:28 AM||2902 km||1803 miles||1567 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Fri 8:28 AM||3124 km||1941 miles||1687 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Sat 7:28 AM||3532 km||2195 miles||1907 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 8:28 AM||3686 km||2290 miles||1990 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.