Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 12, 2012 at 7:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 19:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.23 meters/second, 1613.6 km/hour, 1002.7 miles/hour or 871.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.9"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 12.3"||0.24 mi||South||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 01.8"||1002.53 mi||West||0° 12' 24.3"||14.21 mi||South||1002.68 mi|
|24 hours||12° 10' 52.5"||842.18 mi||East||5° 02' 11.8"||346.06 mi||South||910.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sat 9:38 AM||473 km||294 miles||256 nm||W|
|Papeete||Fri 9:38 AM||2171 km||1349 miles||1172 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Fri 9:38 AM||2222 km||1381 miles||1200 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 8:38 AM||2357 km||1465 miles||1273 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Fri 7:38 AM||2610 km||1622 miles||1409 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Fri 9:38 AM||2648 km||1645 miles||1430 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Sat 9:38 AM||2690 km||1671 miles||1452 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Fri 8:38 AM||2950 km||1833 miles||1593 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Sat 7:38 AM||3280 km||2038 miles||1771 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 8:38 AM||3497 km||2173 miles||1888 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.