Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 12, 2012 at 8:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 20:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.24 meters/second, 1613.7 km/hour, 1002.7 miles/hour or 871.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.9"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 12.3"||0.24 mi||South||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 00.6"||1002.56 mi||West||0° 12' 25.1"||14.22 mi||South||1002.71 mi|
|24 hours||12° 11' 24.7"||842.85 mi||East||5° 02' 19.9"||346.21 mi||South||911.18 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sat 10:08 AM||334 km||208 miles||180 nm||E|
|Fakaofo||Sat 9:08 AM||1718 km||1068 miles||928 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Fri 8:08 AM||1805 km||1121 miles||974 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 10:08 AM||2130 km||1323 miles||1150 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Fri 10:08 AM||2189 km||1360 miles||1182 nm||N|
|Papeete||Fri 10:08 AM||2431 km||1510 miles||1313 nm||SSE|
|Alofi||Fri 9:08 AM||2521 km||1566 miles||1361 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Sat 8:08 AM||2534 km||1575 miles||1368 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 10:08 AM||2535 km||1575 miles||1369 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Sat 8:08 AM||2968 km||1844 miles||1603 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.