Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 12, 2012 at 8:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 20:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.25 meters/second, 1613.7 km/hour, 1002.7 miles/hour or 871.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.9"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 12.3"||0.24 mi||South||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 00.4"||1002.57 mi||West||0° 12' 25.3"||14.23 mi||South||1002.72 mi|
|24 hours||12° 11' 35.5"||843.07 mi||East||5° 02' 22.5"||346.26 mi||South||911.38 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sat 10:18 AM||603 km||375 miles||326 nm||E|
|Fakaofo||Sat 9:18 AM||1536 km||955 miles||829 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Fri 8:18 AM||1537 km||955 miles||830 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 10:18 AM||1980 km||1230 miles||1069 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Fri 10:18 AM||2240 km||1392 miles||1210 nm||NNE|
|Funafuti||Sat 8:18 AM||2297 km||1427 miles||1240 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Fri 9:18 AM||2420 km||1504 miles||1307 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 10:18 AM||2551 km||1585 miles||1377 nm||S|
|Papeete||Fri 10:18 AM||2567 km||1595 miles||1386 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Sat 8:18 AM||2699 km||1677 miles||1457 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.