Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 12, 2012 at 8:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 20:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.25 meters/second, 1613.7 km/hour, 1002.7 miles/hour or 871.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.9"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 12.3"||0.24 mi||South||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 00.0"||1002.58 mi||West||0° 12' 25.7"||14.23 mi||South||1002.73 mi|
|24 hours||12° 11' 46.3"||843.29 mi||East||5° 02' 25.0"||346.31 mi||South||911.59 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rawaki||Sat 9:28 AM||853 km||530 miles||461 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 10:28 AM||872 km||542 miles||471 nm||E|
|Baker Island||Fri 8:28 AM||1269 km||788 miles||685 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 9:28 AM||1386 km||861 miles||748 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Sat 10:28 AM||1857 km||1154 miles||1002 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Sat 8:28 AM||2065 km||1283 miles||1115 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Fri 10:28 AM||2320 km||1441 miles||1253 nm||NNE|
|Alofi||Fri 9:28 AM||2344 km||1456 miles||1265 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Sat 8:28 AM||2430 km||1510 miles||1312 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Fri 10:28 AM||2594 km||1612 miles||1400 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.