Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 12, 2012 at 8:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 20:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.26 meters/second, 1613.7 kilometres/hour, 1002.7 miles/hour or 871.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.9"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 12.3"||0.24 mi||South||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 59.3"||1002.60 mi||West||0° 12' 26.0"||14.24 mi||South||1002.75 mi|
|24 hours||12° 12' 08.1"||843.74 mi||East||5° 02' 29.8"||346.40 mi||South||911.99 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kanton Island||Sat 9:48 AM||516 km||320 miles||278 nm||SSW|
|Rawaki||Sat 9:48 AM||587 km||365 miles||317 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Fri 8:48 AM||736 km||458 miles||398 nm||WSW|
|Howland Island||Fri 8:48 AM||741 km||460 miles||400 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 9:48 AM||1213 km||754 miles||655 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Sat 10:48 AM||1410 km||876 miles||761 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Sat 8:48 AM||1635 km||1016 miles||883 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Sat 10:48 AM||1711 km||1063 miles||924 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Sat 8:48 AM||1892 km||1176 miles||1022 nm||W|
|Majuro||Sat 8:48 AM||2155 km||1339 miles||1164 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.