Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 12, 2012 at 9:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 9%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 21:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.27 meters/second, 1613.8 kilometres/hour, 1002.8 miles/hour or 871.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.9"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 12.3"||0.24 mi||South||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 58.0"||1002.63 mi||West||0° 12' 26.8"||14.25 mi||South||1002.77 mi|
|24 hours||12° 12' 41.0"||844.41 mi||East||5° 02' 36.8"||346.53 mi||South||912.60 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Howland Island||Fri 9:18 AM||99 km||61 miles||53 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Fri 9:18 AM||162 km||100 miles||87 nm||SSE|
|Kanton Island||Sat 10:18 AM||778 km||483 miles||420 nm||SE|
|Rawaki||Sat 10:18 AM||924 km||574 miles||499 nm||SE|
|Tabiteuea||Sat 9:18 AM||937 km||583 miles||506 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Sat 9:18 AM||1085 km||674 miles||586 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sat 9:18 AM||1169 km||727 miles||631 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 10:18 AM||1369 km||851 miles||739 nm||SSE|
|Majuro||Sat 9:18 AM||1408 km||875 miles||760 nm||WNW|
|Yaren||Sat 9:18 AM||1776 km||1103 miles||959 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.