Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, October 12, 2012 at 10:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 9%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, October 12, 2012 at 22:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.29 meters/second, 1613.8 kilometres/hour, 1002.8 miles/hour or 871.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.8"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 12.4"||0.24 mi||South||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 55.4"||1002.67 mi||West||0° 12' 28.4"||14.28 mi||South||1002.81 mi|
|24 hours||12° 13' 58.4"||845.98 mi||East||5° 02' 51.3"||346.81 mi||South||914.01 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yaren||Sat 10:28 AM||227 km||141 miles||123 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Sat 10:28 AM||798 km||496 miles||431 nm||E|
|Kwajalein||Sat 10:28 AM||860 km||534 miles||464 nm||NNE|
|Majuro||Sat 10:28 AM||897 km||557 miles||484 nm||NE|
|Palikir||Sat 9:28 AM||1062 km||660 miles||573 nm||NW|
|Honiara||Sat 9:28 AM||1344 km||835 miles||725 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Sat 10:28 AM||1831 km||1138 miles||988 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Fri 10:28 AM||1972 km||1225 miles||1065 nm||E|
|Wake Island||Sat 10:28 AM||2003 km||1245 miles||1082 nm||N|
|Port Vila||Sat 9:28 AM||2112 km||1312 miles||1140 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.