Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 2:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 02:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.30 meters/second, 1613.9 kilometres/hour, 1002.8 miles/hour or 871.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 12.4"||0.24 mi||South||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 46.3"||1002.69 mi||West||0° 12' 32.9"||14.37 mi||South||1002.80 mi|
|24 hours||12° 18' 22.6"||851.21 mi||East||5° 03' 20.9"||347.38 mi||South||918.59 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pontianak||Sat 9:18 AM||112 km||70 miles||61 nm||WSW|
|Kuching||Sat 10:18 AM||129 km||80 miles||70 nm||N|
|Sarikei||Sat 10:18 AM||238 km||148 miles||129 nm||NE|
|Ketapang||Sat 9:18 AM||250 km||156 miles||135 nm||S|
|Sibu||Sat 10:18 AM||273 km||170 miles||147 nm||NE|
|Palangka Raya||Sat 9:18 AM||499 km||310 miles||269 nm||SE|
|Pangkal Pinang||Sat 9:18 AM||539 km||335 miles||291 nm||WSW|
|Miri||Sat 10:18 AM||606 km||377 miles||327 nm||NE|
|Banjarmasin||Sat 10:18 AM||633 km||394 miles||342 nm||SE|
|Kuala Belait||Sat 10:18 AM||640 km||398 miles||346 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.