Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 02:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 02:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.30 meters/second, 1613.9 km/hour, 1002.8 miles/hour or 871.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.71 mi||west||0° 00' 12.4"||0.24 mi||south||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 45.8"||1002.68 mi||west||0° 12' 33.1"||14.38 mi||south||1002.80 mi|
|24 hours||12° 18' 34.3"||851.44 mi||east||5° 03' 21.5"||347.39 mi||south||918.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pontianak||Sat 9:28 AM||172 km||107 miles||93 nm||ESE|
|Kuching||Sat 10:28 AM||308 km||192 miles||166 nm||ENE|
|Pangkal Pinang||Sat 9:28 AM||336 km||209 miles||181 nm||SW|
|Tanjung Pinang||Sat 9:28 AM||384 km||239 miles||207 nm||W|
|Singapore||Sat 10:28 AM||456 km||283 miles||246 nm||WNW|
|Johor Bahru||Sat 10:28 AM||470 km||292 miles||254 nm||WNW|
|Palembang||Sat 9:28 AM||505 km||314 miles||272 nm||SW|
|Jambi||Sat 9:28 AM||518 km||322 miles||280 nm||WSW|
|Kuantan||Sat 10:28 AM||631 km||392 miles||341 nm||NW|
|Malacca City||Sat 10:28 AM||655 km||407 miles||354 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.