Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 2:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 02:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.30 meters/second, 1613.9 kilometres/hour, 1002.8 miles/hour or 871.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 12.4"||0.24 mi||South||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 45.8"||1002.68 mi||West||0° 12' 33.1"||14.38 mi||South||1002.80 mi|
|24 hours||12° 18' 34.3"||851.44 mi||East||5° 03' 21.5"||347.39 mi||South||918.78 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pontianak||Sat 9:28 AM||172 km||107 miles||93 nm||ESE|
|Kuching||Sat 10:28 AM||308 km||192 miles||166 nm||ENE|
|Pangkal Pinang||Sat 9:28 AM||336 km||209 miles||181 nm||SW|
|Ketapang||Sat 9:28 AM||340 km||211 miles||184 nm||SE|
|Tanjung Pinang||Sat 9:28 AM||384 km||239 miles||207 nm||W|
|Batam||Sat 9:28 AM||438 km||272 miles||237 nm||W|
|Sarikei||Sat 10:28 AM||454 km||282 miles||245 nm||ENE|
|Singapore||Sat 10:28 AM||456 km||283 miles||246 nm||WNW|
|Johor Bahru||Sat 10:28 AM||470 km||292 miles||254 nm||WNW|
|Sibu||Sat 10:28 AM||492 km||306 miles||266 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.