Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 2:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 02:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.29 meters/second, 1613.9 kilometres/hour, 1002.8 miles/hour or 871.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 12.4"||0.24 mi||South||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 45.3"||1002.68 mi||West||0° 12' 33.3"||14.38 mi||South||1002.79 mi|
|24 hours||12° 18' 46.3"||851.68 mi||East||5° 03' 22.0"||347.40 mi||South||918.98 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tanjung Pinang||Sat 9:38 AM||129 km||80 miles||69 nm||WNW|
|Batam||Sat 9:38 AM||181 km||113 miles||98 nm||WNW|
|Singapore||Sat 10:38 AM||205 km||128 miles||111 nm||WNW|
|Pasir Gudang||Sat 10:38 AM||212 km||132 miles||114 nm||NW|
|Johor Bahru||Sat 10:38 AM||224 km||139 miles||121 nm||NW|
|Pangkal Pinang||Sat 9:38 AM||282 km||175 miles||152 nm||SSE|
|Jambi||Sat 9:38 AM||293 km||182 miles||158 nm||SW|
|Palembang||Sat 9:38 AM||374 km||232 miles||202 nm||SSW|
|Malacca City||Sat 10:38 AM||410 km||255 miles||221 nm||WNW|
|Pontianak||Sat 9:38 AM||437 km||272 miles||236 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.