Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 8:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 08:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.13 meters/second, 1613.3 km/hour, 1002.4 miles/hour or 871.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.5"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 12.5"||0.24 mi||South||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 30.7"||1002.30 mi||West||0° 12' 38.0"||14.47 mi||South||1002.37 mi|
|24 hours||12° 25' 44.2"||859.62 mi||East||5° 03' 10.4"||347.19 mi||South||925.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kisangani||Sat 10:18 AM||261 km||162 miles||141 nm||NE|
|Mbandaka||Sat 9:18 AM||570 km||354 miles||308 nm||W|
|Mbuji-Mayi||Sat 10:18 AM||582 km||362 miles||314 nm||S|
|Bukavu||Sat 10:18 AM||644 km||400 miles||348 nm||ESE|
|Impfondo||Sat 9:18 AM||644 km||400 miles||348 nm||WNW|
|Goma||Sat 10:18 AM||664 km||413 miles||358 nm||E|
|Tshikapa||Sat 10:18 AM||674 km||419 miles||364 nm||SSW|
|Ruhengeri||Sat 10:18 AM||710 km||441 miles||383 nm||E|
|Bujumbura||Sat 10:18 AM||730 km||453 miles||394 nm||ESE|
|Gitarama||Sat 10:18 AM||731 km||454 miles||395 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.