Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 8:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 08:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.10 meters/second, 1613.2 km/hour, 1002.4 miles/hour or 871.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.5"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 12.5"||0.24 mi||South||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 29.3"||1002.24 mi||West||0° 12' 38.3"||14.47 mi||South||1002.31 mi|
|24 hours||12° 26' 22.4"||860.33 mi||East||5° 03' 06.3"||347.11 mi||South||926.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mbandaka||Sat 9:48 AM||271 km||168 miles||146 nm||ENE|
|Franceville||Sat 9:48 AM||284 km||176 miles||153 nm||WSW|
|Ouésso||Sat 9:48 AM||286 km||177 miles||154 nm||N|
|Impfondo||Sat 9:48 AM||363 km||226 miles||196 nm||NE|
|Brazzaville||Sat 9:48 AM||374 km||232 miles||202 nm||SSW|
|Kinshasa||Sat 9:48 AM||380 km||236 miles||205 nm||SSW|
|Dolisie||Sat 9:48 AM||518 km||322 miles||280 nm||SW|
|Berbérati||Sat 9:48 AM||579 km||360 miles||313 nm||N|
|Aconibe||Sat 9:48 AM||621 km||386 miles||335 nm||WNW|
|Pointe-Noire||Sat 9:48 AM||627 km||390 miles||339 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.