Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 9:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 09:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.07 meters/second, 1613.1 kilometres/hour, 1002.3 miles/hour or 871.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.5"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 12.5"||0.24 mi||South||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 27.9"||1002.18 mi||West||0° 12' 38.5"||14.48 mi||South||1002.25 mi|
|24 hours||12° 27' 01.0"||861.04 mi||East||5° 03' 01.8"||347.02 mi||South||926.65 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port-Gentil||Sat 10:18 AM||38 km||24 miles||20 nm||N|
|Libreville||Sat 10:18 AM||178 km||111 miles||96 nm||NNE|
|São Tomé||Sat 9:18 AM||279 km||173 miles||151 nm||NW|
|Santo António (Príncipe)||Sat 9:18 AM||337 km||210 miles||182 nm||NNW|
|Bata||Sat 10:18 AM||342 km||213 miles||185 nm||NNE|
|Aconibe||Sat 10:18 AM||354 km||220 miles||191 nm||NE|
|Ebebiyín||Sat 10:18 AM||455 km||282 miles||245 nm||NE|
|Pointe-Noire||Sat 10:18 AM||533 km||331 miles||288 nm||SE|
|Malabo||Sat 10:18 AM||534 km||332 miles||288 nm||N|
|Franceville||Sat 10:18 AM||536 km||333 miles||289 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.