Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 09:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 09:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.07 meters/second, 1613.0 km/hour, 1002.3 miles/hour or 871.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.5"||16.70 mi||west||0° 00' 12.5"||0.24 mi||south||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 27.4"||1002.16 mi||west||0° 12' 38.6"||14.48 mi||south||1002.23 mi|
|24 hours||12° 27' 13.9"||861.28 mi||east||5° 03' 00.0"||346.99 mi||south||926.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|São Tomé||Sat 9:28 AM||165 km||102 miles||89 nm||NNE|
|Port-Gentil||Sat 10:28 AM||270 km||168 miles||146 nm||E|
|Santo António (Príncipe)||Sat 9:28 AM||325 km||202 miles||176 nm||NNE|
|Libreville||Sat 10:28 AM||380 km||236 miles||205 nm||ENE|
|Bata||Sat 10:28 AM||499 km||310 miles||270 nm||NE|
|Malabo||Sat 10:28 AM||601 km||373 miles||324 nm||NNE|
|Ebebiyín||Sat 10:28 AM||658 km||409 miles||355 nm||ENE|
|Port Harcourt||Sat 10:28 AM||659 km||409 miles||356 nm||N|
|Douala||Sat 10:28 AM||679 km||422 miles||366 nm||NNE|
|Pointe-Noire||Sat 10:28 AM||733 km||455 miles||396 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.