Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 9:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 09:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.07 meters/second, 1613.0 km/hour, 1002.3 miles/hour or 871.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.5"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 12.5"||0.24 mi||South||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 27.4"||1002.16 mi||West||0° 12' 38.6"||14.48 mi||South||1002.23 mi|
|24 hours||12° 27' 13.9"||861.28 mi||East||5° 03' 00.0"||346.99 mi||South||926.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|São Tomé||Sat 9:28 AM||165 km||102 miles||89 nm||NNE|
|Port-Gentil||Sat 10:28 AM||270 km||168 miles||146 nm||E|
|Santo António (Príncipe)||Sat 9:28 AM||325 km||202 miles||176 nm||NNE|
|Libreville||Sat 10:28 AM||380 km||236 miles||205 nm||ENE|
|Bata||Sat 10:28 AM||499 km||310 miles||270 nm||NE|
|Aconibe||Sat 10:28 AM||573 km||356 miles||309 nm||ENE|
|Malabo||Sat 10:28 AM||600 km||373 miles||324 nm||NNE|
|Ebebiyín||Sat 10:28 AM||658 km||409 miles||355 nm||ENE|
|Port Harcourt||Sat 10:28 AM||659 km||409 miles||356 nm||N|
|Douala||Sat 10:28 AM||679 km||422 miles||366 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.