Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 12:02:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 12:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.90 meters/second, 1612.4 km/hour, 1001.9 miles/hour or 870.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||16.70 mi||west||0° 00' 12.6"||0.24 mi||south||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 20.1"||1001.79 mi||west||0° 12' 39.7"||14.50 mi||south||1001.84 mi|
|24 hours||12° 30' 35.6"||864.96 mi||east||5° 02' 27.7"||346.38 mi||south||929.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fernando de Noronha||Sat 10:02 AM||306 km||190 miles||165 nm||SW|
|Natal||Sat 9:02 AM||671 km||417 miles||363 nm||SW|
|Recife||Sat 9:02 AM||844 km||525 miles||456 nm||SSW|
|Fortaleza||Sat 9:02 AM||896 km||556 miles||484 nm||WSW|
|Salvador||Sat 9:02 AM||1511 km||939 miles||816 nm||SSW|
|Belém||Sat 9:02 AM||1967 km||1223 miles||1062 nm||W|
|Praia||Sat 11:02 AM||2001 km||1243 miles||1080 nm||NNE|
|Freetown||Sat 12:02 PM||2249 km||1398 miles||1214 nm||ENE|
|Bissau||Sat 12:02 PM||2251 km||1399 miles||1216 nm||NE|
|Conakry||Sat 12:02 PM||2262 km||1405 miles||1221 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.