Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 2:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 14:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.72 meters/second, 1611.8 km/hour, 1001.5 miles/hour or 870.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.1"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 12.6"||0.24 mi||South||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 13.4"||1001.39 mi||West||0° 12' 40.3"||14.51 mi||South||1001.42 mi|
|24 hours||12° 33' 38.4"||868.23 mi||East||5° 01' 47.7"||345.62 mi||South||932.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tefé||Sat 10:18 AM||180 km||112 miles||97 nm||SW|
|Manaus||Sat 10:18 AM||417 km||259 miles||225 nm||ESE|
|Boa Vista||Sat 10:18 AM||640 km||397 miles||345 nm||NNE|
|Mitú||Sat 9:18 AM||824 km||512 miles||445 nm||WNW|
|Puerto Ayacucho||Sat 9:48 AM||969 km||602 miles||523 nm||NNW|
|Rio Branco||Sat 10:18 AM||983 km||611 miles||531 nm||SSW|
|Riberalta||Sat 10:18 AM||1018 km||632 miles||549 nm||SSW|
|Georgetown||Sat 10:18 AM||1162 km||722 miles||627 nm||NNE|
|Paramaribo||Sat 11:18 AM||1289 km||801 miles||696 nm||NE|
|Bogota||Sat 9:18 AM||1378 km||856 miles||744 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.