Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 14:18:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 14:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.72 meters/second, 1611.8 km/hour, 1001.5 miles/hour or 870.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.1"||16.69 mi||west||0° 00' 12.6"||0.24 mi||south||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 13.4"||1001.39 mi||west||0° 12' 40.3"||14.51 mi||south||1001.42 mi|
|24 hours||12° 33' 38.4"||868.23 mi||east||5° 01' 47.7"||345.62 mi||south||932.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tefé||Sat 10:18 AM||180 km||112 miles||97 nm||SW|
|Manaus||Sat 10:18 AM||417 km||259 miles||225 nm||ESE|
|Boa Vista||Sat 10:18 AM||640 km||398 miles||346 nm||NNE|
|Mitú||Sat 9:18 AM||824 km||512 miles||445 nm||WNW|
|Puerto Ayacucho||Sat 9:48 AM||969 km||602 miles||523 nm||NNW|
|Rio Branco||Sat 10:18 AM||983 km||611 miles||531 nm||SSW|
|Riberalta||Sat 10:18 AM||1018 km||632 miles||549 nm||SSW|
|Georgetown||Sat 10:18 AM||1162 km||722 miles||627 nm||NNE|
|Paramaribo||Sat 11:18 AM||1289 km||801 miles||696 nm||NE|
|Bogota||Sat 9:18 AM||1381 km||858 miles||746 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.