Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 2:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 14:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.69 meters/second, 1611.7 km/hour, 1001.5 miles/hour or 870.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.1"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 12.6"||0.24 mi||South||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 12.5"||1001.32 mi||West||0° 12' 40.3"||14.51 mi||South||1001.36 mi|
|24 hours||12° 34' 05.8"||868.72 mi||East||5° 01' 40.9"||345.49 mi||South||932.50 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mitú||Sat 9:38 AM||430 km||267 miles||232 nm||NNW|
|Iquitos||Sat 9:38 AM||558 km||347 miles||301 nm||WSW|
|Rio Branco||Sat 10:38 AM||863 km||536 miles||466 nm||S|
|Puerto Ayacucho||Sat 10:08 AM||875 km||544 miles||472 nm||N|
|Manaus||Sat 10:38 AM||945 km||587 miles||510 nm||E|
|Bogota||Sat 9:38 AM||977 km||607 miles||527 nm||NW|
|Riberalta||Sat 10:38 AM||1010 km||628 miles||545 nm||SSE|
|Cali||Sat 9:38 AM||1090 km||677 miles||588 nm||NW|
|Quito||Sat 9:38 AM||1138 km||707 miles||615 nm||W|
|Medellin||Sat 9:38 AM||1223 km||760 miles||660 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.