Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 7:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 19:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 447.19 meters/second, 1609.9 kilometres/hour, 1000.3 miles/hour or 869.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.9"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 12.6"||0.24 mi||South||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 57.6"||1000.20 mi||West||0° 12' 39.9"||14.51 mi||South||1000.19 mi|
|24 hours||12° 40' 51.3"||875.77 mi||East||4° 59' 36.2"||343.12 mi||South||937.56 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sat 9:58 AM||649 km||403 miles||350 nm||S|
|Papeete||Sat 9:28 AM||1992 km||1238 miles||1076 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 9:28 AM||2171 km||1349 miles||1173 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Sat 11:28 AM||2579 km||1602 miles||1392 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 9:28 AM||3047 km||1893 miles||1645 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Sat 9:28 AM||3439 km||2137 miles||1857 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 8:28 AM||3681 km||2287 miles||1988 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 9:28 AM||3841 km||2387 miles||2074 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Sat 8:28 AM||3842 km||2387 miles||2075 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 2:28 PM||4074 km||2532 miles||2200 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.