Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 8:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 20:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.09 meters/second, 1609.5 km/hour, 1000.1 miles/hour or 869.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 12.6"||0.24 mi||South||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 54.9"||999.97 mi||West||0° 12' 39.7"||14.50 mi||South||999.96 mi|
|24 hours||12° 42' 03.1"||876.99 mi||East||4° 59' 09.7"||342.62 mi||South||938.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sun 10:18 AM||953 km||592 miles||514 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Sat 10:18 AM||1567 km||974 miles||846 nm||S|
|Rarotonga||Sat 10:18 AM||2211 km||1374 miles||1194 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 9:18 AM||2377 km||1477 miles||1283 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 10:18 AM||2602 km||1617 miles||1405 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Sat 9:18 AM||2727 km||1695 miles||1473 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Sat 10:18 AM||2847 km||1769 miles||1537 nm||NNW|
|Baker Island||Sat 8:18 AM||2911 km||1809 miles||1572 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Sat 12:18 PM||3248 km||2018 miles||1754 nm||SE|
|Nukualofa||Sun 9:18 AM||3312 km||2058 miles||1788 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.