Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 8:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 20:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.07 meters/second, 1609.4 km/hour, 1000.1 miles/hour or 869.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 12.6"||0.24 mi||South||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 54.3"||999.92 mi||West||0° 12' 39.6"||14.50 mi||South||999.91 mi|
|24 hours||12° 42' 17.5"||877.23 mi||East||4° 59' 04.1"||342.51 mi||South||938.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sun 10:28 AM||761 km||473 miles||411 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Sat 10:28 AM||1603 km||996 miles||866 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 10:28 AM||2103 km||1306 miles||1135 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 9:28 AM||2124 km||1320 miles||1147 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 10:28 AM||2365 km||1469 miles||1277 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Sat 9:28 AM||2527 km||1570 miles||1364 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Sat 8:28 AM||2646 km||1644 miles||1429 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Sat 10:28 AM||2789 km||1733 miles||1506 nm||N|
|Nukualofa||Sun 9:28 AM||3103 km||1928 miles||1675 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Sun 8:28 AM||3129 km||1944 miles||1690 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.