Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 8:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, October 13, 2012 at 20:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.05 meters/second, 1609.4 km/hour, 1000.0 miles/hour or 869.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 12.6"||0.24 mi||South||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 53.8"||999.87 mi||West||0° 12' 39.6"||14.50 mi||South||999.86 mi|
|24 hours||12° 42' 32.1"||877.48 mi||East||4° 58' 58.6"||342.41 mi||South||938.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sun 10:38 AM||629 km||391 miles||339 nm||NNW|
|Papeete||Sat 10:38 AM||1680 km||1044 miles||907 nm||SSE|
|Fakaofo||Sun 9:38 AM||1867 km||1160 miles||1008 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 10:38 AM||2022 km||1256 miles||1092 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Sun 10:38 AM||2135 km||1327 miles||1153 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Sat 9:38 AM||2340 km||1454 miles||1263 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Sat 8:38 AM||2382 km||1480 miles||1286 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Sat 10:38 AM||2755 km||1712 miles||1487 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Sun 8:38 AM||2868 km||1782 miles||1549 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 9:38 AM||2902 km||1803 miles||1567 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.