Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 12:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 00:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 446.58 meters/second, 1607.7 kilometres/hour, 999.0 miles/hour or 868.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.6"||16.65 mi||West||0° 00' 12.5"||0.24 mi||South||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 42.7"||998.82 mi||West||0° 12' 37.8"||14.47 mi||South||998.79 mi|
|24 hours||12° 47' 31.2"||882.48 mi||East||4° 56' 51.9"||340.00 mi||South||942.09 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Buka||Sun 10:02 AM||159 km||99 miles||86 nm||SSW|
|Arawa||Sun 10:02 AM||227 km||141 miles||122 nm||S|
|Rabaul||Sun 10:02 AM||358 km||222 miles||193 nm||W|
|Gizo||Sun 11:02 AM||463 km||287 miles||250 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Sun 11:02 AM||769 km||478 miles||415 nm||SE|
|Lae||Sun 10:02 AM||972 km||604 miles||525 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Sun 10:02 AM||1077 km||669 miles||581 nm||WSW|
|Palikir||Sun 11:02 AM||1266 km||787 miles||684 nm||NNE|
|Yaren||Sun 12:02 PM||1345 km||836 miles||726 nm||ENE|
|Jayapura||Sun 9:02 AM||1641 km||1020 miles||886 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.