Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 2:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 02:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.25 meters/second, 1606.5 km/hour, 998.2 miles/hour or 867.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.6"||16.64 mi||West||0° 00' 12.5"||0.24 mi||South||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 35.4"||998.08 mi||West||0° 12' 36.2"||14.44 mi||South||998.04 mi|
|24 hours||12° 50' 43.0"||885.62 mi||East||4° 55' 19.4"||338.24 mi||South||944.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kendari||Sun 10:10 AM||231 km||144 miles||125 nm||WNW|
|Ambon||Sun 11:10 AM||422 km||262 miles||228 nm||ENE|
|Dili||Sun 11:10 AM||450 km||280 miles||243 nm||SSE|
|Baucau||Sun 11:10 AM||475 km||295 miles||257 nm||SSE|
|Same||Sun 11:10 AM||500 km||310 miles||270 nm||SSE|
|Suai||Sun 11:10 AM||524 km||326 miles||283 nm||S|
|Ende||Sun 10:10 AM||562 km||349 miles||303 nm||SW|
|Makassar||Sun 10:10 AM||567 km||352 miles||306 nm||W|
|Gorontalo||Sun 10:10 AM||594 km||369 miles||321 nm||NNW|
|Kupang||Sun 10:10 AM||619 km||385 miles||334 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.