Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 8:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 08:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 445.12 meters/second, 1602.4 kilometres/hour, 995.7 miles/hour or 865.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.59 mi||West||0° 00' 12.4"||0.24 mi||South||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 13.1"||995.53 mi||West||0° 12' 29.1"||14.30 mi||South||995.44 mi|
|24 hours||13° 00' 26.4"||894.88 mi||East||4° 49' 45.9"||331.89 mi||South||949.77 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tabora||Sun 11:28 AM||118 km||73 miles||64 nm||NNW|
|Dodoma||Sun 11:28 AM||270 km||168 miles||146 nm||E|
|Mbeya||Sun 11:28 AM||327 km||203 miles||176 nm||S|
|Mwanza||Sun 11:28 AM||382 km||238 miles||207 nm||N|
|Rutana||Sun 10:28 AM||431 km||268 miles||233 nm||WNW|
|Ruyigi||Sun 10:28 AM||437 km||271 miles||236 nm||NW|
|Karonga||Sun 10:28 AM||446 km||277 miles||241 nm||S|
|Gitega||Sun 10:28 AM||468 km||291 miles||252 nm||NW|
|Arusha||Sun 11:28 AM||469 km||291 miles||253 nm||NE|
|Muyinga||Sun 10:28 AM||476 km||296 miles||257 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.