Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 12:26:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 12:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.28 meters/second, 1599.4 km/hour, 993.8 miles/hour or 863.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.56 mi||west||0° 00' 12.3"||0.24 mi||south||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 58.5"||993.72 mi||west||0° 12' 22.7"||14.18 mi||south||993.61 mi|
|24 hours||13° 06' 46.1"||900.76 mi||east||4° 45' 27.8"||327.00 mi||south||953.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fernando de Noronha||Sun 10:26 AM||949 km||590 miles||512 nm||WNW|
|Recife||Sun 9:26 AM||1172 km||728 miles||633 nm||W|
|Fortaleza||Sun 9:26 AM||1613 km||1002 miles||871 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Sun 9:26 AM||1694 km||1052 miles||914 nm||WSW|
|Monrovia||Sun 12:26 PM||2088 km||1298 miles||1128 nm||NE|
|Freetown||Sun 12:26 PM||2091 km||1299 miles||1129 nm||NE|
|Conakry||Sun 12:26 PM||2153 km||1338 miles||1163 nm||NNE|
|Jamestown||Sun 12:26 PM||2269 km||1410 miles||1225 nm||ESE|
|Bissau||Sun 12:26 PM||2278 km||1416 miles||1230 nm||NNE|
|Banjul||Sun 12:26 PM||2397 km||1489 miles||1294 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.