Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 18:02:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 18:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.96 meters/second, 1594.7 km/hour, 990.9 miles/hour or 861.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.51 mi||west||0° 00' 12.1"||0.23 mi||south||16.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 36.9"||990.69 mi||west||0° 12' 11.3"||13.96 mi||south||990.54 mi|
|24 hours||13° 15' 48.9"||908.71 mi||east||4° 38' 24.1"||318.91 mi||south||957.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Sun 12:02 PM||1884 km||1171 miles||1018 nm||ENE|
|Easter Island *||Sun 1:02 PM||2168 km||1347 miles||1170 nm||SSW|
|Guatemala||Sun 12:02 PM||2965 km||1842 miles||1601 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Sun 12:02 PM||2966 km||1843 miles||1602 nm||NE|
|Managua||Sun 12:02 PM||3044 km||1891 miles||1644 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Sun 12:02 PM||3052 km||1897 miles||1648 nm||NE|
|Quito||Sun 1:02 PM||3069 km||1907 miles||1657 nm||ENE|
|Mexico City *||Sun 1:02 PM||3094 km||1923 miles||1671 nm||NNE|
|Lima||Sun 1:02 PM||3107 km||1930 miles||1678 nm||E|
|Tegucigalpa||Sun 12:02 PM||3132 km||1946 miles||1691 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.