Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 8:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 20:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.34 meters/second, 1592.4 km/hour, 989.5 miles/hour or 859.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.49 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||South||16.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 27.4"||989.28 mi||West||0° 12' 05.4"||13.85 mi||South||989.12 mi|
|24 hours||13° 19' 48.4"||912.14 mi||East||4° 34' 56.5"||314.95 mi||South||958.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sun 10:58 AM||106 km||66 miles||57 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Sun 10:28 AM||1426 km||886 miles||770 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Sun 12:28 PM||2135 km||1327 miles||1153 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 10:28 AM||2210 km||1373 miles||1193 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Sun 10:28 AM||2529 km||1572 miles||1366 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 9:28 AM||3404 km||2115 miles||1838 nm||W|
|Alofi||Sun 9:28 AM||3409 km||2119 miles||1841 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Mon 10:28 AM||3491 km||2169 miles||1885 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Sun 10:28 AM||3810 km||2367 miles||2057 nm||NNW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 3:28 PM||3857 km||2397 miles||2083 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.