Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 10:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 22:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.71 meters/second, 1590.2 km/hour, 988.1 miles/hour or 858.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.47 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||South||16.47 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 18.0"||987.88 mi||West||0° 11' 59.2"||13.73 mi||South||987.70 mi|
|24 hours||13° 23' 39.0"||915.38 mi||East||4° 31' 24.1"||310.91 mi||South||960.48 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Atafu||Mon 11:48 AM||167 km||104 miles||90 nm||ENE|
|Fakaofo||Mon 11:48 AM||312 km||194 miles||168 nm||E|
|Mata-Utu||Mon 10:48 AM||543 km||337 miles||293 nm||SSW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Mon 12:48 PM||570 km||354 miles||308 nm||SSE|
|Apia *||Mon 12:48 PM||599 km||372 miles||323 nm||SSE|
|Rawaki||Mon 11:48 AM||677 km||421 miles||366 nm||NNE|
|Pago Pago||Sun 11:48 AM||696 km||432 miles||376 nm||SSE|
|Kanton Island||Mon 11:48 AM||719 km||447 miles||388 nm||NNE|
|Funafuti||Mon 10:48 AM||750 km||466 miles||405 nm||W|
|Baker Island||Sun 10:48 AM||1041 km||647 miles||562 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.