Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 22:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 22:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.70 meters/second, 1590.1 km/hour, 988.1 miles/hour or 858.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.47 mi||west||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||south||16.47 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 18.0"||987.93 mi||west||0° 11' 59.2"||13.73 mi||south||987.76 mi|
|24 hours||13° 23' 40.7"||915.47 mi||east||4° 31' 22.4"||310.90 mi||south||960.56 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Atafu||Mon 11:48 AM||196 km||122 miles||106 nm||ENE|
|Fakaofo||Mon 11:48 AM||337 km||210 miles||182 nm||E|
|Mata-Utu||Mon 10:48 AM||530 km||329 miles||286 nm||SSW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Mon 12:48 PM||581 km||361 miles||314 nm||SSE|
|Apia *||Mon 12:48 PM||611 km||379 miles||330 nm||SSE|
|Rawaki||Mon 11:48 AM||694 km||431 miles||375 nm||NE|
|Pago Pago||Sun 11:48 AM||710 km||441 miles||384 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Mon 10:48 AM||719 km||446 miles||388 nm||W|
|Baker Island||Sun 10:48 AM||1034 km||643 miles||558 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Sun 11:48 AM||1218 km||757 miles||658 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.