Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 11:02:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 23:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.64 meters/second, 1589.9 km/hour, 987.9 miles/hour or 858.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.46 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||South||16.47 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 17.2"||987.73 mi||West||0° 11' 58.6"||13.72 mi||South||987.56 mi|
|24 hours||13° 24' 02.0"||915.70 mi||East||4° 31' 02.3"||310.49 mi||South||960.63 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Funafuti||Mon 11:02 AM||381 km||237 miles||206 nm||W|
|Mata-Utu||Mon 11:02 AM||500 km||311 miles||270 nm||SSE|
|Atafu||Mon 12:02 PM||536 km||333 miles||289 nm||E|
|Fakaofo||Mon 12:02 PM||679 km||422 miles||367 nm||E|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Mon 1:02 PM||773 km||481 miles||418 nm||SE|
|Apia *||Mon 1:02 PM||817 km||507 miles||441 nm||SE|
|Labasa||Mon 11:02 AM||902 km||560 miles||487 nm||SSW|
|Kanton Island||Mon 12:02 PM||925 km||575 miles||500 nm||NE|
|Rawaki||Mon 12:02 PM||935 km||581 miles||505 nm||NE|
|Pago Pago||Sun 12:02 PM||936 km||582 miles||506 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.