Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 11:52:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 23:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.41 meters/second, 1589.1 km/hour, 987.4 miles/hour or 858.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.46 mi||West||0° 00' 12.0"||0.23 mi||South||16.46 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 13.8"||987.22 mi||West||0° 11' 56.2"||13.67 mi||South||987.03 mi|
|24 hours||346° 34' 35.4"||916.85 mi||West||4° 29' 42.9"||308.98 mi||South||961.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Luganville||Mon 10:52 AM||801 km||497 miles||432 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Mon 11:52 AM||950 km||590 miles||513 nm||E|
|Port Vila||Mon 10:52 AM||987 km||613 miles||533 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Mon 11:52 AM||1029 km||640 miles||556 nm||NNW|
|Honiara||Mon 10:52 AM||1169 km||726 miles||631 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Mon 11:52 AM||1193 km||742 miles||644 nm||NNE|
|Suva||Mon 11:52 AM||1310 km||814 miles||708 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Sun 11:52 AM||1764 km||1096 miles||953 nm||NE|
|Majuro||Mon 11:52 AM||1793 km||1114 miles||968 nm||N|
|Apia *||Mon 1:52 PM||1994 km||1239 miles||1077 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.