Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:12:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 15, 2012 at 00:12:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.32 meters/second, 1588.8 km/hour, 987.2 miles/hour or 857.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.45 mi||West||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||South||16.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 12.5"||987.01 mi||West||0° 11' 55.3"||13.65 mi||South||986.82 mi|
|24 hours||13° 25' 57.5"||917.31 mi||East||4° 29' 10.7"||308.37 mi||South||961.36 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Mon 11:12 AM||639 km||397 miles||345 nm||W|
|Luganville||Mon 11:12 AM||719 km||447 miles||388 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Mon 12:12 PM||962 km||598 miles||519 nm||N|
|Port Vila||Mon 11:12 AM||988 km||614 miles||533 nm||SSE|
|Gizo||Mon 11:12 AM||989 km||615 miles||534 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Mon 12:12 PM||1419 km||882 miles||766 nm||NE|
|Funafuti||Mon 12:12 PM||1479 km||919 miles||799 nm||E|
|Suva||Mon 12:12 PM||1690 km||1050 miles||912 nm||SE|
|Majuro||Mon 12:12 PM||1903 km||1182 miles||1027 nm||NNE|
|Palikir||Mon 11:12 AM||1969 km||1223 miles||1063 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.