Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 15, 2012 at 00:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.25 meters/second, 1588.5 km/hour, 987.1 miles/hour or 857.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.45 mi||West||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||South||16.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 11.6"||986.86 mi||West||0° 11' 54.6"||13.64 mi||South||986.67 mi|
|24 hours||13° 26' 20.6"||917.62 mi||East||4° 28' 48.0"||307.93 mi||South||961.50 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Mon 11:26 AM||269 km||167 miles||145 nm||W|
|Gizo||Mon 11:26 AM||623 km||387 miles||336 nm||W|
|Arawa||Mon 10:26 AM||822 km||511 miles||444 nm||WNW|
|Luganville||Mon 11:26 AM||869 km||540 miles||469 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Mon 12:26 PM||1082 km||672 miles||584 nm||NNE|
|Port Vila||Mon 11:26 AM||1140 km||709 miles||616 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Mon 12:26 PM||1663 km||1033 miles||898 nm||NE|
|Port Moresby||Mon 10:26 AM||1671 km||1038 miles||902 nm||W|
|Palikir||Mon 11:26 AM||1845 km||1146 miles||996 nm||NNW|
|Funafuti||Mon 12:26 PM||1850 km||1149 miles||999 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.