Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, October 15, 2012 at 10:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:34 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 15, 2012 at 10:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.12 meters/second, 1577.2 km/hour, 980.0 miles/hour or 851.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.4"||16.33 mi||west||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||south||16.34 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 28.7"||979.88 mi||west||0° 11' 18.8"||12.96 mi||south||979.65 mi|
|24 hours||13° 43' 25.9"||931.21 mi||east||4° 09' 47.9"||286.22 mi||south||966.99 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Luanda||Mon 11:48 AM||282 km||175 miles||152 nm||NNE|
|Huambo||Mon 11:48 AM||406 km||252 miles||219 nm||ESE|
|Lubango||Mon 11:48 AM||426 km||265 miles||230 nm||SSE|
|Malanje||Mon 11:48 AM||475 km||295 miles||257 nm||ENE|
|Uíge||Mon 11:48 AM||499 km||310 miles||269 nm||NE|
|Cabinda||Mon 11:48 AM||628 km||390 miles||339 nm||N|
|Menongue||Mon 11:48 AM||694 km||431 miles||375 nm||SE|
|Pointe-Noire||Mon 11:48 AM||715 km||444 miles||386 nm||N|
|Dolisie||Mon 11:48 AM||778 km||483 miles||420 nm||N|
|Luena||Mon 11:48 AM||827 km||514 miles||447 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.