Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, October 15, 2012 at 10:52:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, October 8, 2012 at 7:35 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, October 15, 2012 at 12:04 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, October 15, 2012 at 10:52:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.10 meters/second, 1577.2 km/hour, 980.0 miles/hour or 851.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.4"||16.33 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||South||16.33 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 28.5"||979.78 mi||West||0° 11' 18.6"||12.96 mi||South||979.54 mi|
|24 hours||13° 43' 30.6"||931.21 mi||East||4° 09' 42.1"||286.09 mi||South||966.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Luanda||Mon 11:52 AM||317 km||197 miles||171 nm||NNE|
|Lubango||Mon 11:52 AM||453 km||282 miles||245 nm||SSE|
|Huambo||Mon 11:52 AM||476 km||296 miles||257 nm||ESE|
|Malanje||Mon 11:52 AM||546 km||340 miles||295 nm||ENE|
|Uíge||Mon 11:52 AM||549 km||341 miles||296 nm||NE|
|Cabinda||Mon 11:52 AM||631 km||392 miles||341 nm||N|
|Pointe-Noire||Mon 11:52 AM||714 km||444 miles||386 nm||N|
|Menongue||Mon 11:52 AM||757 km||471 miles||409 nm||ESE|
|Dolisie||Mon 11:52 AM||786 km||488 miles||424 nm||N|
|Opuwo *||Mon 12:52 PM||790 km||491 miles||427 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.